Otoflush® is a neutral buffered pre-treatment ear flush solution formulated to clean the ear canal of wax and exudate, reduce microbial numbers and as a pre-treatment to improve the penetration of prescribed ear medication in dogs.
For use by or under the supervision of a registered veterinarian.
How to use
Dosage and administration:
- Remove the cap of the flush nozzle.
- Insert the nozzle just into the ear canal opening and squeeze to fill the ear canal (approx 0.5mL for small breeds or 1.5mL for larger breeds).
- Gently massage the ear then allow the dog to shake its head to remove debris and excess Otoflush® liquid from the ear.
- Repeat this process until the Otoflush® liquid coming out of the ear is clean.
- Wipe off any debris and excess liquid from the ear and ear opening.
- Remove any adherent ear exudate from the flush nozzle before replacing the cap.
- For routine ear cleaning repeat this procedure once weekly only.
- For use in conjunction with an antibiotic ear treatment, use as directed by your veterinarian.
- In the presence of an active infection, Dermcare Otoflush® must be used in conjunction with an antibiotic treatment.
- May be used under the direction of a registered veterinarian in cases of Canine Otitis Externa where the ear drum is ruptured. Where possible determine ear drum status prior to use, and appropriately treat for Otitis Media if required. Monitor response to treatment via clinical examination, otoscopy and cytology regularly.
Read label instructions carefully prior to use.